The Ergo Belay
system is a belay device that works according to the tuber principle, which is independent of the force of the hand thanks to its locking function and thus offers greater security than other belay devices in in the event of a fall. The device is designed so that rope can be released quickly without any inadvertent blocking, it also offers greater efficiency and better handling by securing a climber in the pre-ascent.
Its unique ergonomic design means that at no time it is necessary to change the hand position and thus the hand braking principle remains intact. Its simple and intuitive handling prevents mistakes from being made. Its operating principle is designed so that if the device is used incorrectly, there will not be a total fall.
- The lock function is activated even with little traction and can be easily unlocked.
- Intuitive handling and high tolerance for misuse.
- Ideal for belaying in the pre-ascent: it allows to release rope faster without blocking and to change in a hurry from releasing to picking up rope.
- Release rope in an easy and well dosable way.
- Maximum safety thanks to optimized movements: both hands always stay on the rope.
- Spare / accessory: 1718 HMS BELAY TWIST LOCK karabiner.
- Certifications: EN 15151, UIAA 129.
- Diameter of the rope: 8.6 - 11 mm.
- Weight: UNI (170 g).