The Expedition series of sleeping bags are the warmest−weight bags in the Rab® range and are designed for use on expeditions to 8000m peaks and in polar environments.
With 1400g of the highest quality 850FP European Goose Down, the Expedition 1400 is designed to offer warmth and protection in temperatures as low as −40°C.
Specifically designed for expedition use, the Expedition 1400 is slightly oversized to accommodate larger Expedition clothing, and uses a combination of high quality Pertex® inner and outer fabrics.
Key technical features include water−resistant linings at the head and foot to prevent water ingress, longitudinal baffles to minimise down migration, and a face baffle for improved use with a hood. The Expedition range of sleeping bags are hand−filled in Derbyshire, UK.
- Down fill weight: 1400g (49.9oz)
- Rab® Sleep Limit: −40°C (−40°F)
- Pertex® Endurance outer fabric
- Pertex® Microlight inner fabric
- Pertex® Endurance inner fabric in hood and foot
- 850FP European Goose Down
- Rab® fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Close fitting neck baffle design
- Longitudinal chest baffles with internal Flowgate® technology to control down
- Face baffle for improved hood fit
- Mummy shape
- Longitudinal foot baffles to minimise down migration
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Down clothing compatible (larger internal lining than other Rab® sleeping bags)
- Max user height: 195cm / 76.8 inches / 6ft4
- Shoulder width: 80cm / 31.5 inches
- Hip width: 63cm / 25 inches
- Foot width: 45cm / 17.5 inches
- Approx. weight: 2090g