, by Petzl is an assisted braking belay device designed for the experienced belayer for use both in the gym and at the crag. Compatible with a wider range of single rope diameters than the Grigri+, from 8.5 to 11 mm. Optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm.
Compact and lightweight, the assisted braking function improves comfort while belaying, holding a climber or catching a fall. The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control.
Standard belay techniques are required for feeding slack and catching falls. When a climber falls, the assisted braking function is activated: the device pivots, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and blocks the rope. Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam, therefore it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- Assisted−braking system
- Compatible with 8.5 to 11 mm single ropes
- Optimized for 8.9 a 10.5 mm single ropes
- Rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
- Ergonomic handle facilitates lowering someone
- Smooth descent control, thanks to progressive action of cam
- Simple to use for belaying both lead or top−rope climbers
- Optimally balanced design: lightweight (175 g), compact and durable
- Materials: aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- CE EN 15151−1 & UIAA