Simple climbing rope of 9.8 mm.
in diameter designed for sport climbing. Versatile and evolutionary, it is intended for climbers who wish to progress in the practice of sport climbing. It has an excellent compromise between lightness and durability for more versatility.
Its diameter facilitates handling while providing versatility, ideal to progress in our level of climbing.
It has the UltraSonic Finish
finish at the ends of the rope, where the core and the sleeve are perfectly welded by ultrasound, increasing durability and preventing the end of the rope from opening.
This type of rope leaves the factory with ClimbReady
folding, which folds the rope in a specific way so that it is always ready to be used. When the user unpacks it in the first use, this type of folding avoids incorrect maneuvers, increasing longevity and preventing the rope from already curled in the first use.
Finally, the EverFlex
heat treatment stabilizes the threads and makes the rope more homogeneous, providing excellent grip with the hand and constant maneuverability over time.
The Contact 9.8 mm.
belongs to Petzl's new line of dynamic ropes. They have been designed with the highest quality standards of the brand, with each one of them using the best current technologies, specifically conceived for the use that each alpinsta, mountaineer or climber is going to give them, so that they maintain all their benefits during their lives. useful rope.
CE EN 892, UIAA.
- Multipurpose rope for climbers who want to progress, a great compromise between weight, durability and rope control with a diameter that offers maximum versatility while allowing beginners to use thin ropes.
- Longer longevity and ease of use in any condition thanks to the UltraSonic Finish treatment and ClimbReady folding.
- More effective belaying due to the Middle Mark marking the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvering and EverFlex treatment.
- Diameter: 9.8mm.
- Type of rope: simple rope.
- Weight per meter: 60 g.
- Percentage of the cover: 41%.
- Number of falls factor 1: 7.
- Static elongation: 9.0%.
- Dynamic elongation: 35%.
- Shock force: 8.4 kN.
- Construction: 40 spindles.
- Materials: polyamide
- Length: 60 m.