If durability and strength are more important to you than saving weight, then this is the perfect belaying/rigging biner. The Steel Boa may be 266g but it is also incredibly strong (a whopping 40kN Gate closed strength!), plus it has a zinc coating to protect against corrosion.
The generous gate opening and large internal volume means it can accommodate multiple knots and is easy to handle in gloves. There is one final advantage too: it is made from smooth 12mm bar which allows easy rotation in attachment eyes.
- Large steel HMS locking biner
- 12mm bar allowing easy rotation in attachment eyes
- Ideal for rigging; can accommodate multiple knots
- Large gate opening
- Easy to handle in gloves
- Very strong and durable
- Zinc plated for corrosion protection
- Quicklock locking system
- Major axis strength: 40 kN
- Minor axis strength: 9 kN
- Gate open: 12 kN
- Gate opening: 23 mm
- Approx. weight: 277 g