The frictional drag that a rope can exert on you, particularly on a long and winding pitch, can be so strong as to actually make upward progress almost impossible. To offer a solution to this rope drag, DMM decided to fit a pulley roller into the apex of a biner. A simple, but extremely effective solution to an age old problem. In practice, a Revolver placed at changes of direction on a long pitch can prevent that heavy harness feeling.
The I−Beam construction reduces the weight yet maintains strength. The Revolver also has a further interesting function – it can be used in rescue situations as a pulley.
- Unique pulley wheel design biner
- Strong and lightweight I Beam construction
- Wire gate to save weight
- Shrouded nose to reduce snagging
- Aluminium 7075 construction.
- Max. pulley strength: 1 kN.
- Major axis strength: 24 kN.
- Open gate strength: 9 kN.
- Minor axis strength: 7 kN.
- Gate opening: 24 mm.
- Approx. weight: 51 g.