is the innovative multifunctional descender developed by Camp Safety
to satisfy the most demanding specialists in rope access and technical rescue. The patented operating mechanism, the unique robustness of the hot-forged aluminum alloy frame, and the special ergonomic shape of the lever give Giant exceptional control, even with high loads of up to 210 kg / two people.
In addition to being a descender for vertical work and rescue, Giant is certified and can therefore also be used as a fall arrest device
(for example, during the fractionation steps), as an elevator characterized by a great sliding capacity and as a safety device for climbing.
The operating lever has a anti-panic
safety system, which stops the descent in the event of excessive pressure on the lever by the user. It also incorporates an additional locking function with gradual actuation, ideal for the pause and descent phases.
A button allows direct actuation of the cam for rapid rope sliding in situations of limited or no load. Thanks to the clamp that can be opened with a safety lever, the rope can be inserted without having to remove the carabiner. The wide connection hole allows the insertion of a second carabiner, so that the two flanges do not open. The circular rope housing, together with the obvious inner and outer markings, allows for easy and intuitive installation.
The Giant is the only rope equipment that has achieved a large number of certifications:
- EN 12841: device for vertical work with semi-static ropes from 10 to 11.5 mm;
- Type C: working line descender for loads up to 210 kg;
- Type B: lift of the working line for loads up to 210 kg;
- Type A: fall arrest device for the safety line for loads up to 120 kg.
- EN 341 / 2A: rescue and evacuation descender for semi-static 10.5 mm ropes (Iridium 10.5 mm) for loads up to 200 kg.
- ANSI / ASSE Z359.4: rescue and evacuation descender for semi-static ropes 11 mm (Iridium 11 mm).
- EN 15151-1: safety device for moving in structures from below with mountaineering technique with dynamic ropes from 9.9 to 11 mm.
- Compatible rope: 9.9-11.5 mm.
- Breaking load of 20 kN.
- Anti-panic system.
- Approximate weight of 540 g.
- Certifications: CE EN 12841, EN 341 / 2A, EN 15151-1, ANSI / ASSE Z359.4 and EAC.