Black Diamond’s tried−and−true on−route alpine pack, proven everywhere from the Canadian Rockies to the Fitz Roy massif, the Black Diamond Speed is designed for lightweight performance on rock, snow and ice objectives the world over.
Fully strippable with a removable waistbelt, lid and framesheet, the Speed is comfortable on the approach and streamlined on the route. Ice tool PickPockets, snag−free crampon straps and a tuck−away rope strap secure gear to the outside, while the drawcord skirt provides easy access and keeps out spindrift and light precip.
- Redesigned shoulder straps and thermoformed backpanel
- Top−loading, with removable lid, drawcord skirt closure and tuck−away rope strap
- Micro ice−tool PickPockets™, three−point haul system and removable 20 mm crampon straps
- Strippable design: removable hipbelt with fixed webbing belt and removable framesheet that doubles as a bivy pad
- Hydration compatible
- Volume M/L: 30 L (1,830 cu in)
- Average weight M/L: 1.16 kg (2 lb 9 oz)
- Materials: 210d ripstop main, 420d abrasion