New and very interesting model for classical alpine mountaineering which brings us to new frontiers in terms of low weight, high comfort and technical level, without renouncing the necessary sturdiness, stiffness and thermo-isolation necessary for demanding winter mountaineering activities on mixed terrains. The freedom of movement of the newly designed cuff and its comparably low weight also make it a good option for ice-climbing and technical ascents in rough and cold areas.
As all Bestard boots in the High Mountain family, the new Fitz Roy is a 100% rigid boot thanks to the incorporation of a carbon fiber midsole, lined with Poron Performance for high levels of shock absorption, return of energy and high comfort in general during the complete life of the boot. The Vibram Breithorn rubber sole with a newly designed EVA midsole offers an optimal combination of grip, durability, lightness and comfort. Upper made of extremely resistant Kevlar and Microtech for low weight and low levels of water absorption. The Gore-Tex Insulated Comfort lining guarantees an efficient protection against cold and wet. Compatible with most existing crampons.
- Upper: Water-Repellent Kevlar® and Microtech / Rubber
- Lining: Gore-Tex® Insulated Comfort is waterproof, breathable and warm.
- Midsole: Bestflex FC+P® / Rígida. A very technical midsole made of carbon fibre, which translates into outstanding performances of durable total rigidity combined with a very low weight. Additionally, this advanced midsole is lined with PORON® Performance, which gives the boot a high energy return and excellent impact absorption for the complete life of the boot.
- Footbed: Anatomic. High density footbed which helps to keep the feet dry and to avoid early fatigue of feet and muscles. Thanks to its capacity to mould itself around the foot, the complete foot finds support and effective shock-absorption at each step.
- Last: Europa H. Standard last with medium width, with slightly more volume (height) in the toe-box
- Sole: Vibram® Breithorn + EVA + TPU
- Easy-running & Quick-lock Lacing System
- Adjustable tongue
- Adjustment loops
- 360º Rubber rand
- Refleflecting elements
- Approx. weight: 1.900 g / pair (Size 8UK)