The great classic half rope for adventure climbing. Light and free running for ease in use on long routes, crags, and on ice. Technical and strong to support the most difficult demands.
- Excellent balance between weight and durability.
- Low impact force and high number of falls sustained
- Designed for all sorts of mountaineering and adventure country use.
- All Beal dynamic rope sheaths are waterproof treated with Dry Cover
- Each Beal rope includes an individual identification number
- Diameter: 8.6mm
- Length: 50m
- Half rope - UIAA - CE
- Number of bobbins: 40
- Weight per meter: 48 g
- Impact force Laboratory: 4.85-4.90 kN
- Impact force BEAL Guaranty: 5.10 kN
- Number of UIAA Falls Laboratory: 18-20
- Number of UIAA Falls BEAL Guaranty: 16
- Sheath slippage: 0mm
- Extension during the first fall: 35%
- Static elongation: 11,5 %
- Sheath percentage: 39%
- Resistance to a factor 1,77 fall over an edge of radius 0.75mm: Yes
On a classic rope, if the sheath is accidentally severed, it slides and bunches over many metres. It thus becomes impossible to pass this zone, whether climbing or descending. With the UNICORE Process, the sheath stays in place and the user may escape, either by climbing or by descending, whilst taking all necessary precautions. UNICORE on treated ropes:
- Prevents sheath slippage.
- Prevents sheath bunching.
- Allows escape by abseil, even if the sheath is cut.
Golden Dry treatment:
In addition to the performance of Dry Cover, Beal also enhances the durability of the core by another exclusive procedure. Every filament in the strands of the core is coated with a fluoride solution by a continuous process, which is then heat-set and polymerised onto the polyamide. Protecting the rope from water absorption eliminates weight increase, risk of freezing on cold weather climbs, and slows the wearing of the rope considerably.