blocker from Petzl
is positioned under the descender and is used to self-secure a rappel descent. It can be used with one or two strings. Replaces the self-locking knots like the Prusik.
The Shunt is not Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). It should never be used as a fall arrest device. Not approved for work at height.
- Material: aluminum body.
- Installs easily on the rope.
- The locking pieces are smooth and do not damage the rope.
- Just release the Shunt to brake. If you accompany him, descend.
- For a single string (10-11mm) or two strings (8-11mm).
- Weight according to manufacturer: 188 g.
- Certifications: CE and UIAA.