The 5th generation Mutant
model from Osprey
is a reliable climbing backpack specially designed for year-round ascents. Designed to be able to carry all the material even if they are large loads. It is super light, flexible, removable and very versatile for all four seasons.
On your winter ascents, the rear panel with protective anti-snow fabric, the side straps to carry the skis and the dual ToolLock ™
system for the ice axes are appreciated. The main access to the Mutant 52 consists of an adjustable and removable top cover, meaning you can overload your backpack like a pack mule or remove the cover completely for more space behind your head and a lighter weight. < br>
The Mutant 52
uses the built-in FlapJacket ™
system, provides total protection against all weather conditions and also keeps the equipment fully compressed. A quick access drop-down mesh sleeve is also included in the top pocket for storing the helmet.
If you want to lighten your backpack to attack the summit fast and light, you can remove the backrest, the lid and the hipbelt to save 725 g.
- 420HD nylon Packcloth fabric.
- Back panel with anti-snow fabric.
- Reinforced base.
- Dual ToolLock holding rings for ice axes.
- String strap under the flap.
- HDPE removable frame with T6061 aluminum.
- Compartment for hydration reservoir.
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle.
- Removable hip belt, can be hidden in the back of the backpack.
- Ski holder system on the sides.
- Flapjacket system to use the backpack without the mushroom.
- Integrated helmet holder system.
- Approximate weight of 1550 g.