The new DMM thimble range has been developed to be incorporated into any system requiring a high strength, low friction, corrosion resistant termination. Equally at home in use with metal or textile cordage, DMM thimbles allow for equalising of loads across both strands as well as protecting the cordage from abrasion and overly tight bend radii damage. Super smooth internal finishing of the main eye enables easy rigging of compact and simple mechanical advantage systems and promotes free running on tension lines, etc. The open sided rope channels allow for easy inspection of cordage. Investment cast in stainless steel, hand finished and electro polished.
Minimum breaking strength for an equalising thimble is dependent on the wire or textile rope incorporating the thimbles.
- Compatible with wire or textile ropes with smooth outer surfaces, entrance flares and rope channels
- Protects ropes and terminations against abrasion and tight bend radii
- Open sided rope channels permit inspection of cordage
- Low surface friction allows textile ropes to move efficiently
- Enables compact and simple mechanical advantage systems
- Helps equalize loads on both sides of the thimble
- Sized to allow rotation of most carabiner securing mechanisms
- Corrosion resistant
- Investment cast in stainless steel combines high strength and hardness with excellent corrosion resistance
- Hand finished
- Electro polished
- Strength: 40kN
- Dimensions: 60 x 44 x 17mm
- Weight: 86g