Fluid and light, the Tiger 10mm is the perfect choice for starting to use thin ropes.
BEAL has succeeded in effectively linking the core and sheath of their dynamic ropes in a way that limits movement between the two parts, so that they work better together. Dynamic ropes with the UNICORE process suffer less sheath slippage, stay supple, have good handling and have a longer lifetime. By having a more free−running sheath than on a "classic" rope, friction against the rock and through karabiners is reduced, resistance to abrasion is improved, and the effort of pulling slack and clipping is greatly lessened. The climber has the sensation of handling a much thinner and lighter rope because of the increased running fluidity, whilst retaining the assurance of a rope of higher diameter.
- Diameter adapted to all automatic belay devices.
- Easy to clip.
- Nice to handle.
- Single rope − UIAA − CE
- Number of bobbins: 48
- Weight per meter: 61 g
- Impact force Laboratory: 7.50−7.60 kN
- Impact force (BEAL Guaranty): 7.60 kN
- Number of UIAA Falls Laboratory: 7−8
- Number of UIAA Falls (BEAL Guaranty): 7
- Sheath slippage: 0 mm
- Extension during the first fall: 37 %
- Static elongation: 10 %
- Resistance to a factor 1,77 fall over an edge of radius: 0.75mm
- Each Beal rope includes an individual identification number
All Beal dynamic rope sheaths are waterproof treated with Dry Cover
Beal Compact Process:
Beal's exclusive weaving process renders core and sheath as one, ensuring a perfect equilibrium in the rope and giving it these unique attributes:
- Lowers the impact force
- Increases the number of falls
- Allows the rope to conserve its dynamic properties in use
- Eliminates sheath slippage in normal conditions of use
Note: The colour of the ropes in stock may not coincide with that in the photo. Please contact Barrabes Customer Service if you would like to know what colours are available