Glacier trekking rope Rando 8 mm
for glacier trekking, ski touring or difficult mountain passes. At 37 grams per meter, it is light and not bulky, offering the necessary protection in snowfields, exposed crossings or glacier rope during an excursion or mountain skiing.
A route through snowy terrain is considered easy when there is no technical difficulty involved in setting up a meeting, such as overcoming a bergschrund or a crevasse in a glacier. You can progress with any type of dynamic string: single single string, single double string, single twin string.
The stringing & quot; in a row & quot; it is practically generalized. Beal recommends the use of a single twin rope. To make the dynamic results of this rope more realistic, Beal has decided to indicate the performances closest to its use as if they were the performances of a twin rope tested with 2 strands. In this way, the chosen fall factor is limited to 0.8 but with 80 kg and 1 rope, and the impact force is also measured under these same conditions.
Although Beal prohibits the use of a single Rando rope for climbing and mountaineering, these two activities can be practiced by using the Rando as a twin rope.
- Diameter of 8 mm.
- Percentage of sheath: 40%.
- Number of falls: 12 as a twin / 5 as a single.
- Marked every 12 m to facilitate stringing.
- Do not use in simple for mountaineering and climbing.
- In use as a twin, it is resistant to cutting edges.
- Use: Long hikes, glacier trekking and easy snowy terrain.
- Approximate weight of 37 g.