Beal presents the lightest single rock climbing rope on the market, at just 48g per meter and with a diameter of 8.5mm, the Opera is made using the most advanced technologies available.
Using Unicore technology, which, until now, has only been used on semi-static ropes. Beal has bonded the rope sheath and core without affecting the rope's suppleness. This bonding means that the rope swells less when wet, offers easier handling and is more durable. It also feels as if you are using a much narrower and lighter rope, yet has all the advantages of a single rope .
The Opera 8.5 is certified for 3 standards; as a single rope, a half rope and twin rope, which makes it ideal for professionals and experienced climbers, looking for a safe, lightweight, smooth-running rope or for those looking for a multi-purpose rope for trad, mixed and snow.
Ultra-smooth and ultra-light, it has been treated with Golden Dry technology and certified as UIAA water repellent. Thermo Fluid technology uses infrared treatment to reinforce the sheath fibers and achieve a more compact and manageable rope.
Each Beal rope has an Individual Identifcation Number which appears at the end and on the individual ID card. This guarantess its traceability.
- Multi-purpose, ultra-light and ultra-smooth
- Single rope for expert climbers
- Half and twin rope for versatile climbers/mountaineers
- Diameter: 8.5 mm
- Length: 70 m.
- Weight per meter: 48 g.
- Sheath slippage: 0 mm.
- Sheat percentage: 37%.
- Standards: CE EN 892 (Single, Half & Twin).
- Impact force UIAA Lab:
- Use as Single rope: ≤ 12 kN.
- Use as Half rope: ≤ 8 kN.
- Use as Twin rope: ≤ 12 kN.
- Impact force Beal Guarantee:
- Use as Single rope: 7.4 kN (with 80 kg).
- Use as Half rope: 5.5 kN ( with 55 kg/ 1 end).
- Use as Twin rope : 8.8 kN ( with 80 kg/ 2 ends).
- Number of falls UIAA Lab:
- Use as Single rope: ≥ 5.
- Use as Half rope: ≥ 5.
- Use as Twin rope: ≥ 12.
- Number of falls Beal Guarantee:
- Use as Single rope: 5 (with 80 kg).
- Use as Half rope: 18 ( with 55 kg/ 1 end).
- Use as Twin rope: 25 ( with 8º kg/ 2 ends).
- Elongation after 1st fall:
- Use as Single rope: 37%.
- Use as Half rope: 32%.
- Use as Twin rope: 29%.
- Static elongation:
- Use as Single rope: 8.4%.
- Use as Half rope: 8.4% (1 cabo).
- Use as Twin rope: 5.1% (2 cabos).
IMPORTANT: when used as a single rope, the Opera is not designed for all climbers and is not suitable for all devices: only expert climbers should belay with this rope, due to its narrow diameter. It will slide more quickly through classic devices and be more difficult to brake and it may even not work at all in certain automatic belay devices.