Compact, easy−running and ultra−light, this, the pioneer of thin ropes, slides in everywhere. It offers excellent strength for experienced climbers. A great relation between weight, feel, handling and strength.
- A fine compromise between weight, handling, running quality and strength
- A good compromise between weight, free−running, grip and strength.
- Low impact force.
- Increased number of falls held.
- Uses: Very experienced climbers
All Beal dynamic rope sheaths are waterproof treated with Dry Cover »
Beal Compact Process: Beal’s exclusive weaving process renders core and sheath as one, ensuring a perfect equilibrium in the rope and giving it these unique attributes:
- Lowers the impact force
- Increases the number of falls
- Allows the rope to conserve its dynamic properties in use
- Eliminates sheath slippage in normal conditions of use
Each Beal rope includes an individual identification number
- Diameter: 9.7mm
- Length: 70m
- Single rope − UIAA – CE
- Number of bobbins: 40
- Weight per meter: 63 g
- Impact force Laboratory: 7.00−7.20 kN
- Impact force BEAL Guaranty: 7.30 kN
- Number of UIAA Falls Laboratory: 10−11
- Number of UIAA Falls BEAL Guaranty: 8
- Sheath slippage: 0mm
- Extension during the first fall: 38%
- Static elongation: 9.7%
- Sheath percentage: 41%
- Resistance to a factor 1,77 fall over an edge of radius 0.75mm: Yes
This rope, despite not being the thinnest in the range, is still not for the beginner. Take account of the need for careful choice of belaying technique.
Note: The colour of the rope in stock may no coincide with the colour in the image. Please consult Barrabes Customer Service if you would like to specify the colour.